Administration 2023-10-17 15:18:42
Job Title: IT Desktop Support
Trust Location: Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
Location: Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury
Shift Pattern: Monday- Friday, 09:00 – 17:00 or 10:00 – 18:00 (37.5 hours per week)
Pay Rate: £17.69 Per Hour plus enhanced pay for weekends and bank holidays
The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for supporting all end users relating to hardware and software, computer applications, and LAN related issues. Day to day responsibilities consist of: Installing, testing, maintaining and troubleshooting end user workstations and interrelated hardware and software, Active Directory user management, troubleshooting of mobile devices, escalating issues accordingly, and maintaining communication with customers and technical teams.
* Taking initial telephone or email inquiries and troubleshooting and managing relatively simple hardware, software, or network problems
* Responding to and resolving desktop, server, and network issues.
* Recognizing and escalating more difficult problems to Tier 2 support.
* Provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents.
* Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance.
* Experience of ITIL
* 2 years of minimum experience 2nd line Desktop
* Service Desk experience
* Excellent communication skills
You may have to show evidence in an education to Degree level or at least 2 years’ experience.
As a member of NHS Professionals, you have fantastic benefits:
* Competitive pay rates- work this week, get paid next week
* Essential support when you need it- 24/7 365 days- call us anytime
* Multi locational- work across neighbouring Trusts
* Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go- access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
* Varied working options to suit your lifestyle- access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or longer-term placements
* Training and development opportunities- Keep up with the essentials and more
* Build holiday allowance for every shift you work- your work life balance is important to us
* Stakeholder pension scheme available- a flexible future for you and yours
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in place to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities’ organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants form a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
NHS Professionals manage your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website