Engineering 2023-03-10 10:58:51
£30000 – £40000/annum Bonus, Pension
Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire
This quality technician / Engineer role is to support a manufacturing, engineering business that is involved with the design and manufacture of reusable thermally protective packaging for high value, temperature sensitive products.
* The quality assurance technician is aligned to the design and development, operations, supplier and customer teams and is responsible for ensuring the quality of products and processes.
Role: Quality Technician / Engineer
* As a quality technician / engineer you will need to understand the business, its objectives and the product development process (Design, Technical, Manufacture, Quality, Supply chain)
* Support the adherence of onsite Operational, Quality, Technical and IT SOP’s.
* You will also drive continuous improvements within ISO QMS standards, approval of reports, qualification reports, IQ, OQ, PQ protocol and report writing.
* Support any quality or nonconformance issues particularly around product returns and refurbishment of reusable good as well as future product designs
* Investigate, analyse and troubleshoot customer product complaint or production issues, developing corrective actions, solutions and improvements in line with QA Investigation standard practices and techniques (FMEA / CAPA / 8D)
* Ensuring Change Control and Internal Auditing practice is supported for associated service centre processes, operational systems or design developments in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 standards.
* Occasional client site visits to support any product related issues – Belgium and Germany
Skills / Knowledge: Quality Technician / Engineer
* Apprenticeship, HNC/HND or degree in an engineering or quality discipline (Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Manufacturing etc.)
* Experience of maintaining engineering quality processes, quality engineering / QA / QC procedures within a product development and manufacturing environment
* Strong passion for processes and quality engineering and ensuring design/manufacturing teams adhere to business, quality and industry processes
* Background in a high-volume manufacturing – Reusable Packaging, FMCG, GMP, Medical, Health or Automotive, Aerospace etc
* Proven ability of liaison across multiple teams to oversee continuous improvement, 5S, Kaizen, quality processes and procedures coupled with excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Strong experience in MS office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint for creating and presenting reports
* Excellent written skills coupled with a strong desire to achieve best practice
* Strong English language skills to work with teams in the UK and Europe
The role is commutable from Thame, Aylesbury, Bicester, East Oxford, High Wycombe