Automotive/Aerospace 2023-02-08 08:42:50
£35000 – £50000/annum + benefits (full disclosure below)
HP19, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
An Accident Repair company are currently seeking an experienced MET Technician based in the Aylesbury area.
Seeking a candidate with dealership, refurb or accident repair experience, this role offers immediate work for a MET Technician!
The MET Fitter will be doing all aspects of strip and fit work on a variety of new and nearly new cars and must be able to do all aspects of MET work including removing and re-fitting electrical and mechanical parts on cars including air con systems, air bags, brakes and suspension.
This role offers invaluable, long-term experience working within a busy Accident Repair company on a dayshift, this position is Monday – Friday and the hours are 45 per week with a team Bonus.
*This position is for a day shift only*
The MET Technician will be responsible for identifying damaged mechanical and electrical components on a damaged car/light commercial vehicle and remove and refit these components before and after body repair work has been carried out.
What you'll be doing:
* Refitting vehicles after paint so they are ready for polish.
* Stripping down and refitting of brakes, suspension systems, air conditioning systems, air bags etc…
* always Maintaining a clean and tidy working area.
* Stripping down vehicles ready for prep/paint.
* Stripping down electrical components, wiring looms in vehicles.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Significant exposure working in a similar position i.e., Vehicle Stripper, Fitter, MET Technician, Bodyshop / Bodywork Operative.
* Significant exposure using orbital sanders.
* Ability to work fast and efficiently.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* Process driven.
* Team player.
This company also requires MET Technicians in the following areas too:
– Perry Barr
– High Wycombe
If this role is of interest to you, please send your CV to Cookie Britten at HP4 Recruitment as directed