Education 2023-01-19 15:14:14
£20258 – £22766/annum
Learning Support Assistant
Do you have experience supporting students with a range of different needs?
St Michael’s Catholic School are now recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant.
You will provide support access to learning for children with specific needs by working, under the guidance of the SENCO, with the teaching staff, both in the classroom environment and on a small group and 1-1 basis.
Some of your duties will include;
* Be a key worker for named students on the SEND Register
* Supervise and support the student, ensuring safety and access to learning
* Work 1:1 or with small groups of pupils, delivering interventions and supporting learning as required both within and outside the classroom
* Establish good relationships with students, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
You will need the following;
* Knowledge about strategies for supporting challenging students and/ or those with a range of SEN needs
* A sound level of education and good literacy / numeracy skills GCSE (or equivalent) English language and Mathematics at least grade C or above
* Emotionally robust, capable of dealing with challenging student behaviour
This post will require an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications 12 noon Monday 6th February 2023
Interviews will be held W/C 6th February 2023
Interested? Please hit apply now!
Our reference: SE3126
Vacancy: Learning Support Assistant
Hours: 39 Weeks per year – 33.33 hours per week
Salary: Bucks Pay Scale 2 £20,258 to £22,766 FTE
National World / Smart Hire are advertising on behalf of St. Michael’s Catholic School