Personnel/Recruitment 2023-04-04 09:58:51
£31874 – £32450/annum
Do you want to make a difference? Are you willing to learn new skills and be part of a high performing team? Then we want to hear from you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Organisational Development team for a Learning & Development Advisor.
Learning & Development Advisor
Reference: VAC(phone number removed)
Location: Headquarters, Stocklake, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP20 1BD
Salary: £31,874 – £32,450 a year
Hours: Full time – 37 hour week
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service serves a population of more than 800,000 in the Southeast of England. Our firefighters operate from 19 fire stations across Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes. Not all lifesavers wear uniforms. We employ around 100 people from specialist support staff to education and fire prevention. We are a diverse, welcoming community – will you join us?
You will be responsible for
* Planning, procuring, monitoring, and evaluating interventions that meet identified needs and enable the Service to achieve its strategic business objectives
* Leading the specification and delivery of the assessment and development processes which will facilitate both effective selection and development of employees, ensuring they are fit for purpose and reflect current workforce requirements with regards to skills and behaviours
* Tracking, monitoring, and reporting on the progress of delegates within the talent pipeline
* Leading on the production and analysis of the Service wide training/learning needs analysis to establish training/learning gaps across the Service.
In conjunction with the Learning and Development Manager, you will propose and implement quality assurance initiatives to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of training and development delivery through evaluation.
You must be self-starting, focused, and driven to influence change, as the role requires a high performer.
We are looking for someone with:
* Excellent attention to detail with a positive approach to problem solving
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Great interpersonal skills
* Multi-tasking and organisational skills
* The ability to work on their own as well as part of a busy team
* Demonstrating good customer service and a ‘can do’ attitude is essential.
Experience and skills required
* Networking Skills
* CIPD Level 3 in Learning and Development (or equivalent experience)
BMKFA can offer you an exciting, varied, and worthwhile career. We have excellent flexible working arrangements to help manage work-life balance and generous holiday allowances which increase with long service.
Have you got what it takes and want a challenging career then come and join our team.
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* Good annual leave entitlement
* Employee benefits
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Occupational Health
* Free onsite parking
* Onsite gym facilities
Anything else you need to know
The wellbeing of our people is really important. We have introduced hybrid and flexible working opportunities to support your work life balance. Also generous holiday allowances which increase with long service.
Abatement & Protected Pension
If are in receipt of a Firefighter’s pension, before taking up employment with Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Fire Authority you are required to notify Human Resources as Abatement Rules may apply.
Closing Date: 20th April 2023 at Midnight
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
If there are any adaptions or adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with our recruitment process, please contact us via email or telephone.
No agencies please