IT 2023-04-25 08:41:24
HP21, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Agria Pet Insurance has a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Pricing Analyst to join our team. This is a Hybrid role and will consist of working from home and our Aylesbury office. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary.
Agria Pet Insurance is one of the UK's leading specialist pet insurance providers. We only provide insurance for animals, so truly understand and care about our customers and their beloved pets – especially as most of our team are pet parents, and we're all animal-lovers. Our passion for pets means that we are trusted by the Kennel Club and many other significant affinity partners to provide lifetime pet insurance in their names.
Working closely with animal welfare organisations, vets and breeders gives us deep insight on what's best for pets. And we give back too – including supporting hundreds of animal rescues, protecting over 80,000 rescued animals, and through donations of over £1m to animal charities.
We are a strong, growing business with a supportive ethos and family feel. We became one of the UK’s Best Workplaces™ in 2020, were awarded Most Trusted Pet Insurer in 2021, and are proud to be the first carbon positive pet insurer in the UK.
About the role:
In this varied role our Lead Pricing Analyst will have involvement in all aspects of Product, Pricing and Analytics.
Responsibilities as our Lead Pricing Analyst will include:
* End-to-end ownership of high-impact analytical projects: scope, design, development and implementation
* Development and testing of pricing model(s)
* Optimisation through profitability and portfolio analysis to achieve profit and volume targets
* Forecasting product and financial performance using latest views of expenses, risk, claims and inflation
* Developing and delivering dashboards, MI reports, and ad-hoc insight requests to aid data-led decision making across the business and inform the company strategy
* Supporting the wider Pricing and Reserving departments in our parent company in Sweden, providing required regulatory and business-specific data and statistical analysis to our Actuarial teams there
* Monitoring trading and claims performance data
* Analysis and exploration of large datasets using various tools: SAS, Excel, VBA, Power BI, SQL to proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the Agira Insurance product offerings and pricing capabilities
* Assisting with the business planning and budgeting process, including the delivery of appropriate consolidation models and related documentation
* Working closely with partners across the business to inform product development opportunities, collaborating to launch new products and develop existing market propositions
* Assisting in process development for the Pricing & Underwriting department
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience we're looking for in our Lead Pricing Analyst:
* Highly numerate
* Educated to Degree level, or equivalent
* Proficient in the use of:
– MS Excel
– MS Power BI
– MS VBA
* Proven analytical ability to quickly identify, assimilate and effectively communicate complex concepts
* A self-starter with the desire and ability to explore trends and offer actionable insight and strategic solutions to support the Agria ambition
* Excellent stakeholder management skills – able to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form
* A passion for great customer experience and outcomes
* Enthusiastic, proactive and flexible with the desire to succeed within a team environment
* Project management experience
* Experience with sparse and sometimes incomplete data
* Experience working with customer data
* Commercial awareness
* Experienced in Insurance Pricing (GI, Life or Health)
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join the Agria team – please click ‘apply’ now to become our Lead Pricing Analyst – we'd like to hear from you!
All successful applicants are subject to a background and criminal record check.
Any personal data that you provide to us will be used for the sole purpose of processing your job application. This information will be kept for up to 6 months from the date that it is received based on our legal obligation under employment law