Construction 2023-01-17 14:37:01
£60000 – £65000/annum Plus package
General Foreman/Foreperson – Earthworks
Location – Aylesbury
Salary – £65,000 plus £12k tax free lodge allowance, 5k car allowance, 2.5x life insurance, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, 5% pension
The General Foreperson is responsible for the day to day running of the sites.
The Foreman will work with the Project Manager and Construction Manager(s) to set the plans for the work and then execute them.
Summary: You will be directly responsible and accountable for the day-to-day performance of the crews under you including responsibility for the required record keeping and health and safety as well as production.
1. Accountable for health and safety. It is expected that you will be visiting each team under your direct control daily and ensuring compliance with H&S policy and procedure including stopping work if you notice non-compliance
2. Accountable for productivity. It is expected that you will work with the team Supervisors including by taking direct control and demonstrating effective Supervision such that teams are as efficient as possible
3. Following the plan. It is expected that you will ensure that crews are performing the work planned for them.
4. Assist in planning. It is expected that you will work with the project staff in formulating plans, including participating in detailed planning sessions to establish planned patterns of working as well as the key metrics that will be used to measure performance against plan
5. Quality. You are responsible for ensuring the construction methods are followed. You will also be responsible for ensuring ATP's are respected and no hold points passed without seeing the appropriate signatures
6. Materials. You will be responsible for day-to-day order of materials
7. Records. You will be responsible for the quality and completeness of the Daily Allocation Sheets filled out by the team Supervisors. You will also be responsible for the collection and enforcement of the Daily Plant Checks.
8. People. You will be responsible for providing key feedback on the performance of the people under your control. You will not have direct line manager responsibility or accountability as far as HR process goes.
Numerate and Literate including the ability to solve basic time and motion problems in interview in an 'open book' test
Physically capable of walking in muddy fields all day
Experience as an Earthworks supervisor looking after a single team min 5 years.
For more information contact SEDR Recruitment