Construction 2023-01-17 15:49:10
£15.91 – £23.86/hour
We are looking for a Drainage/Pipelayer Operative for our HS2 site in Aylesbury
As a pipelayer you will be working in a gang of ground workers and drainage operatives.
Drain / Pipelayers are responsible for assembling and connecting pipe systems for water mains, sewers, and drains.
This would include:
– Working as part of a gang
– Measuring and configuring pipe routes
– Gathering material and installation tools
– Digging trenches using hand and machine trenching tools
– Locating installed piping systems using magnetic or radio indicators
– Removing old or broken piping systems
– Laying pipes into trenches and applying pipe spacers
– Checking pipe alignment and sealing pipes with cement glue
– Installing auxiliary lines
– Sealing exposed pipe joints and fittings
– Filling and sealing pipe trenches
– Lay out pipe routes, following written instructions or blueprints, and coordinating layouts with pipelayer ganger
Pay rate: £15.91 per hour PAYE for the first 39 hours and £23.91 per hour PAYE for the remaining 11 hours
Start date: ASAP for the right candidate
Hours: Mon – Fri 7.30am – 5.30pm (1 hour break each day)
Requirements: CSCS blue card is a must and SSSTS is beneficial. 2+ years drainage or laying pipes experience
Please apply by submitting your up-to-date CV.
VGC is acting as recruitment business in relation to that vacancy.