Engineering 2022-11-29 10:05:46
£40000 – £50000/annum
We have an exciting opportunity to become part of a growing business in a specialist niche market.
Our client is looking for an organised individual to work within the Drawing Office at our site in Aylesbury as a Design Engineer.
Do you have a ‘winning’ mentality, eager to make a difference? Fantastic! We’d love to hear from you.
The key responsibilities include:
* Participation in and maintaining the ISO 9000 QA system & procedures with the support of fellow employees
* Responsibility for generating the drawings of company products for manufacture
* Maintaining up-to-date drawing records.
* Having a good working knowledge of shell & tube, and charge air heat exchanger
You will be expected to work 37.5 hours per week: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm, and on-site for the majority of your time.
Who you will interact with
You will be part of the Engineering Team with a direct reporting line to the Drawing Office Manager and will be fully supported in your role by colleagues across the business.
What you will need to succeed
* A strong work ethic and positive attitude with good attention to detail.
* The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and colleagues in all areas of the business.
* The ability to:
* solve problems,
* work under pressure,
* You must be able to work under your own initiative, but also be able to work as part of a team.
Key skills required
You must have the proven ability in:
* generating and compiling drawings, including generating the bill of materials
* checking and approving drawings for manufacture using the sales and contracts information
* carrying out in-house & on-site ‘measure ups’
* using AutoCAD 2011/2012 and Solidworks to generate drawings
* producing manufacturing drawings of a variety of Heat Exchangers in accordance with the applicable standards and specifications.
* interacting with Customer/Engineering Department to finalise unit design following internal handover
* producing electric wiring diagrams
* Solid Edge
* Fans and their wiring