Manufacturing/Surveying 2023-04-19 11:00:09
HP22, Buckland, Buckinghamshire
Continuous Improvement Team Lead (LCO)- Aylesbury
Mon- Fri days based role
This is an exciting opportunity. You’ll get the chance to work at our state of the art flagship dairy in Aylesbury. Built in 2010, covering 76 acres, our 100% carbon neutral dairy is the very first of its kind in the world! It plays a big part in helping Arla to #feedthenation, producing a staggering 1 billion litres of milk per year.
What we can offer?
26 days and 8 bank holidays
Annual Pay review
Employer pension matched up to 6% (12% total contributory)
X4 annual salary life assurance cover
Flexible Benefits- buy up to 5 days annual leave, reward gateway scheme- discounts with various retailers via my benefit platform.
Strong career development & training (internal and external training)
Subsidized staff canteen
Access to discounted Arla products
Free parking on site
So what does this role involve?
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing a small LCO team are responsible for implementing and managing continuous improvement and CAPEX pro-jects within the milk processing area of the site. You will work with other teams on site, as well as the wider UK and global site teams to share best practise and ensure our Aylesbury site is running to a best in class standard.
You will be responsible for:
* Ensuring the operating systems for the area are accurately managed, maintained and developed to enable responsive, data based management of the operation
* Ensuring all aspects of the operation are resourced and rostered to deliver output and quality objectives and provide legal compliance
* Contribtuing to an effective LCO(Line Centred Organisation) way of working
* Maintaining and developing a highly motivated team with a developing skillset for continuous improvement of team performance
* Managing own time and prioritising activities in conjunction with business plans
* Setting standards personally and monitoring team performance
* To be a key member of the Process Team and contribute in departmental activities
* To be a key member of the site LCO community and interact with relevant site activities
* Communicating with global specialist networks to seek best practice
* Communicating with relevant third parties and suppliers to ensure awareness of latest technologies and best practice
* Key contributor to site CI pipeline
* Working closely with other departments such as engineering and supply chain to ensure best practices are embedded
* Monitoring system faults across process and work with Supply Chain specialist to resolve
* Collecting relevant data and interpreting results
* Organise team workload on a daily basis ensuring clarity for team members(include coaching, assigning, follow up and feedback)
* To operate equipment as appropriate when required
* Seek continuous improvement to set and achieve departmental KPI’s and regularly update and communicate with the team and site
* Assist the engineering and department teams with problem solving and maintaining equipment and processes at the highest standard
* Update and maintain training and SOP planning and sign off. Drive the dialogue and barometer action planning within the department
* Provide cover at meetings and dialogue with the senior team and others
* To be contactable out of working hours if assistance and guidance is required occasionally by the team
What you’ll need in order to be successful in the role?
You will need to have previous experience of leading continuous improvement teams, ideally within a liquid processing environment. Knowledge of Lean principles such as 5S and Kaizen are essential, and a Six Sigma qualification would be preferred. You will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as computer systems knowledge.
Things We’d Love To Tell You About Arla
We are a farmer- owned cooperative. That means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
We experimented with poo powered trucks (google it- you won’t regret it), and built the world’s first ever 100% carbon neutral dairy. All as part of our ongoing commitment to combatting climate change.
We are the producer of Lurpak, one of the world’s most iconic butter brands.
We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe.
Want to apply?
We can’t wait to welcome you to the Arla family. Please apply via this advert or our careers page. The deadline for applications is 1st May 2023.
If you have a question about the role, then please contact Rachel McDaid, Senior Talent Partner
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?
BEWARE! RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails and fake recruitment campaigns on the internet from people purporting to work for Arla Foods. Learn more via this link