Military/Emergency/Government 2023-03-30 09:45:53
£31874 – £32450/annum
HP20, Walton, Buckinghamshire
Consider yourself a problem solver? Then we have the job for you! An exciting opportunity have arisen within Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service (BFRS).
Risk Information Alignment Officer
Hours: 37-hour week
Contract: 12-months fixed term
Salary: £31,874 – £32,450 a year
Location: Aylesbury with travel across the South East
Local Government Pension Scheme, good annual leave entitlement, employee benefits, Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational Health, free onsite parking, onsite gym facilities.
We are currently recruiting a Risk Information Alignment Officer to join our technical team. If you want to make a difference, willing to learn new skills and be part of a high performing team we want to hear from you!
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service serves a population of more than 800,000 in the Southeast of England. Our firefighters operate from 19 fire stations across Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes. Not all lifesavers wear uniforms. We employ around 100 people from specialist support staff to education and fire prevention. We are a diverse, welcoming community – will you join us?
About the role
Sharing risk information across fire services has never been more important. BFRS is one of eight Fire services that have come together to form a Site Specific Risk Information (SSRI) working group. This working group forms part of the Southeast Fire & Rescue Services Operational Response and Resilience Group (SEORRG).
As part of the SSRI working group, you will support the development of the 2023/24 business plan and be responsible for the coordination and delivery of the plan’s actions. As the groups Risk Information Alignment Officer you will ensure the group adopts a consistent and best practice approach to areas such as Firefighter safety and collating, recording and sharing of operational risk information.
The role is based at BFRS headquarters in Aylesbury but you will be expected to travel to Fire & Rescue Services (FRS) across the South East.
You will be responsible for
* Supporting collaboration and alignment through implementation of a common risk information sharing process across multiple Fire & Rescue Services
* Organisation and delivery of monthly risk information workshops, playing a key coordination role in embedding a risk information sharing process
* Championing and embedding a mapping software solution as an overarching and intuitive system that transforms the way that risk information is shared and accessed across the Fire Sector
* Attending meetings at local, regional, and national levels and compiling reports and action plans
* Create a series of recommendations (a toolkit) for improvement of operational risk information commonality across the Southeast region
* Coordinating and chairing a task and finish group during this period of improvement to bring together best practice and sharing of knowledge
* Developing a common and best practice approach to utilising available data for risk identification
* Exploring a range of innovative technologies that provide risk sharing capabilities across borders and command levels
You must be self-starting, focused, and driven to influence change, as the role requires a high performer. We are looking for someone with
* Excellent attention to detail with a positive approach to problem solving
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Great interpersonal skills
* Multi-tasking and organisational skills
* The ability to work on their own and as part of a busy team
Experience and qualifications required
* Experience working in a Project management role is essential
* Understanding of business continuity and or risk management desirable
* Understanding of the Fire Service is not essential
Anything else you need to know
The role is a fixed term 12 month contract.
The wellbeing of our people is really important. We have introduced hybrid and flexible working opportunities to support your work life balance. If there are any adaptions or adjustments, we can make to assist you in your application or with our recruitment process, please get in touch either via email or telephone.
Closing date: 28 April 2023 at midnight
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website.
No agencies please