Administration 2023-03-17 10:17:48
Permanent, Part Time
£22806 – £23376/annum FTE rates
We are currently recruiting for two Receptionist / Administrators based at our Headquarters in Aylesbury.
Location: Headquarters, Stocklake, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP20 1BD
Salary: £22,806 – £23,376 a year (Full Time Equivalent rates)
Hours: Part Time, 22.2 – 29.6 hour week
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service serves a population of more than 800,000 in the Southeast of England. Around 400 firefighters operate from 19 fire stations from the outskirts of London to the South Midlands. We employ around 100 specialist support staff, from ICT to fire prevention. We are a diverse, welcoming community – will you join us?
Our Service is only as good as its people. When our employees are engaged and supported, our Service thrives. This is why we support flexible and hybrid working.
About the role
The post holders will provide an efficient reception/front of house service. Ensuring excellent customer service delivery throughout the reception, front of house functions. They will act as a point of contact for both internal and external customers and with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages and modern telephone answering management systems.
The role will involve the following:
* Being responsible for dealing with all incoming calls via the switchboard, enquiries via our enquires email address and visitors on arrival
* Efficiently taking and passing on information
* Greeting visitors courteously, efficiently and directing them appropriately
* Receive delivery and collection of business letters/packages
* To undertake various administrative duties. This includes electronic ordering and goods receipting, invoicing and electronic record keeping/updating
The right candidates will be joining a facilities team who play a key role in providing great places for visitors and staff to work from across Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes.
The posts are currently for a three day position and a four day position. There is however some flexibility in hours of work which can be discussed during the interview process.
We are looking for someone who is:
* A good communicator
* Able to plan and prioritise workloads
* Able to work confidently on own initiative and without direct supervision
Experience and skills required
The successful candidates should have experience of working:
* In an administrative role or environment
* On a reception, front of house function
* A switchboard
They should also be able to:
* Use Microsoft Office Packages and input data
* Work to time sensitive deadlines with attention to detail
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* Good annual leave entitlement
* Employee benefits
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Occupational Health
* Free onsite parking
* Onsite gym facilities
Abatement & Protected Pension
If you are in receipt of a Firefighter’s pension, before taking up employment with Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Fire Authority you are required to notify Human Resources as Abatement Rules may apply.
Closing Date: 31st March 2023 at Midnight
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
If there are any adaptions or adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with our recruitment process, please contact us via email or telephone.
No agencies please