Engineering 2023-02-06 09:54:12
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Technician to join our team in Aylesbury on a permanent, full-time basis.
– Competitive salary
– 25 days’ holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
– Option to buy additional holiday
– Company sick pay
– Pension scheme and life insurance
– Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
– Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
– Peer to peer recognition scheme
– Training and development opportunities
This is the ideal role for an engineering professional with a background in the power generation industry to take their career to the next level with our growing organisation.
Joining our environmentally focused company, you’ll have the chance to help us deliver positive change and strive towards a more sustainable future for generations to come.
What’s more, we will reward your hard work with a comprehensive rewards package, structured training and development opportunities and a supportive and encouraging work environment.
So, if you want to utilise your expertise with an innovative company that has an inimitable national and international reputation for excellence, apply today!
As a Maintenance Technician, you’ll support the smooth functioning of operations at our Aylesbury site, conducting maintenance, fault finding and repairs on our equipment and plant systems.
Carrying out regular equipment and system monitoring controls, you will follow technical drawings to complete a range of preventative maintenance and repair work.
Co-ordinating with the M&E and EC&I Engineers, you’ll ensure all work meets our HS&E standards and all equipment complies with environmental management requirements.
Additionally, you will:
– Record all maintenance, repair and servicing work
– Monitor equipment spares levels and order replacements
– Supervise third party contractors conducting repairs
– Undertake annual planned outage work
To be considered as a Maintenance Technician, you will need:
– At least three years’ experience in the power generation industry
– Experience of heavy process plant maintenance
– Experience of working in a technically challenging environment
– Practical experience of completing preventative maintenance and defect repairs
– A good understanding of all HSE aspects
– Knowledge of power generation operations and maintenance
– Full understanding of P&IDs and technical drawings
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong computer skills
– Good interpersonal skills
– At a minimum, an ONC, City and Guilds, or NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
Ideally, you will have an IOSH safety management qualification.
An understanding of CMMS would also be beneficial.
Preferably, you will be trained or willing to be trained to drive mobile plant.
Please note, this is a call out role, so occasional weekend and night work is required.
The closing date for this role is 28th February 2023.
Other organisations might call this role Mechanical Plant Technician, Maintenance and HS&E Technician, M&E Technician, Mechanical Maintenance Technician, or Mechanical Engineer.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to join a sector leading organisation as a Maintenance Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.So, if you’re ready to develop your career and advance your skills as a Mechanical Maintenance Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency