Engineering 2023-01-06 11:47:44
£380 – £450/day
Matchtech are excited to be working alongside a major Tier 1 contractor on the HS2 project in Aylesbury, and as result we have a live opportunity for an experienced Land Surveyor.
As Land Surveyor, you will be supporting the Senior Land Surveyor in establishing and maintaining the site survey control network in order to report and validate different construction stages.
You will be responsible for undertaking land/topographic/hydrographic/measured building surveys, using a variety of specialist equipment and technology, such as robotics and 3D scanners. Analyzing data using plans, maps, charts and software such as AutoCAD, Trimble Business Centre and GIS (geographic information systems) programs is an important part of this role.
You’ll be required to prepare survey drawings with the Senior Land Surveyor, presenting data to clients and writing reports. You’ll coordinate with the Site Engineers for the priority of the project regarding implementation, changes of plans or deviations, unusual activities or non-conformances rectification work and coordinate with the consultant for Inspection & Approval. Setting out and as-built surveys. Carrying out Topographical and Engineering Surveys (Laser Scanner).
You’ll need to manage the registration and post processing of Point Cloud Data. GNSS network surveying, precise traversing and precise levelling for breakdown from primary survey control and also managing Drones surveys for earthwork measures.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* HND/degree in Land Survey, or Geomatics, or equivalent.
* Experience within a similar role and with similar values.
* Experience in preparing survey-related Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
* Expert knowledge of Trimble total stations, levels and GNSS receivers.
* Excellent AutoCAD skills to produce 2D and 3D drawings.
* Good communication (both written and verbal) skills.
* Solid report writing and compilation skills.
* Proficient in using survey software like Trimble Business Centre