Engineering 2023-06-22 15:00:25
£52000/annum pay rate equiv. approx. £28.57ph
HP21, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Heavy Maintenance Engineer (Rolling Stock)
Chiltern Railways is a train operating company owned by Arriva UK trains, offering services from London Marylebone to destinations in Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire and the West Midlands.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Engineering team working out of Aylesbury South Sidings.
* Salary of £52,000, pay rate equivalent to approx. £28.57 per hour
* Permanent contract
* Working 35 hours per week, on a day shift basis between the hours of 7am and 7pm Monday to Friday
* Flexible working options available where practical e.g., annualised hours, shift working, staggered hours, part-time working, compressed hours, career breaks etc.
* Company pension plan
* 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
* Free travel on Chiltern Railways and all other Arriva companies, with discounts on international travel after 12 months
* Discounted rail journeys for family members
* Employee assistance plan, offering unlimited access to counselling, legal information, a physio line, and more
* Healthcare cash plan offering a wide variety of benefits including dental, optical and physiotherapy
* Online benefits site, offering savings on leading brands
* Cycle to work scheme
The Role – Heavy Maintenance Engineer (Rolling Stock)
Reporting to the Production Manager, as the Heavy Maintenance Engineer you’ll support the Fleet of Class 165 DMUs, Class 168 DMUs, Mark lll Coaches/DVTs and Class 68 Diesel locomotives in their planned and casualty maintenance activities.
This will include maintaining, diagnosing faults, repairing, and servicing the fleet of Diesel Multiple Unit vehicles and Local Hauled Coaches and other traction and rolling stock. You’ll ensure compliance with fleet standards information (e.g., depot maintenance schedules, vehicle maintenance and technical instructions, job cards, etc.)
Our Requirements – Heavy Maintenance Engineer (Rolling Stock)
* Sound mechanical and / or electrical engineering experience and knowledge
* At least an ONC in a subject related to Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics
* Good understanding of schematic diagrams / layouts
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Flexible approach to work
Although not essential, experience gained with traction and rolling stock would be advantageous.
More About Us
We’re proud to say we’re part of a major European employer, and our people come from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. We value every contribution from our diverse workforce that is reflective of our service users, and who make us stronger. Developing the very best employees is at the heart of what we do. That’s why we aim to provide all colleagues with worthwhile long-term employment, ongoing training and development opportunities, and a safe, supportive, and motivating work environment.
All applications for this Heavy Maintenance Engineer (Rolling Stock) role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions