Education 2023-04-15 17:00:04
£400 – £450/week
Graduate Learning Support Assistant Aylesbury – Graduate Roles – Graduate Learning Support Assistant Aylesbury
If you are sincere about your career within Trauma, Advocacy and Mental Health:
Can you demonstrate the value of an education to your students while building substantial relationships and keeping them safe?
Salary Scale: £85-£95 per day
Start Date: 23/01/2023 Contract type: Long Term Contract, 5 days a week, 8:30 – 16:00
The SEN LSA opportunity in Aylesbury, focused on raising attainment with children aged 11-19, all who have an EHCP for their Mild Learning Difficulties. If you have personal experience of SEN or Mental Health or have built experience on your course, or through your own volunteering and paid work, this role will really help build on your experience.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual with previous SEN experience OR a Graduate with a keen interest in this area of work. It is the perfect position for someone in search of hands-on experience working with social, emotional mental health needs. If you're looking for a career in youth work then this opportunity is not to be missed.
It's a wonderful place to work, focus on positive reinforcement, that's the only approach to have here.
Making learning fun and accessible for the higher function and low function students, 25% of the students are autistic. Many of the children will mask their behaviour that is how some autistic students survive in a neurotypical world. Allowing the children to be themselves will be a huge success, building comfort over content is key.
Please be advised that this role requires a strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection and that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS on the update service.
* Providing assistance and supervision for students before, during and after lessons
* Assisting students to understand and participate in set tasks in an appropriate way
* Assisting with note taking and supporting literacy and numeracy
* Working with a class, a small group or individual learners
* Encouraging the development of appropriate social skills
* To ensure accurate individual student records are maintained
* Helping to build confidence and motivation
* Participating in team meetings and training programmes as an active member of a team
* Working with managers and employees to support the developing culture of the organisation
* Following regulations pertaining to safeguarding
What is required?
* An Undergraduate Degree (preferable) and/or previous SEN experience, ideal for Psychology Graduates
*Working with and watching how mental health and Autism for e.g., affects girls compared to boys, points often overlooked
* Good general education levels in English and Maths, 5 grade and above is desired
*Classes of 3-6, very personalised education, ensuring children with EHCPs can prosper and not make the same mistakes of that of the mainstream