Construction 2023-02-03 12:02:33
£16.74 – £25.13/hour
We are currently looking for 4x electricians to join HS2 project based in Aylesbury on a permanent basis.
The job role of an electrician involves the following duties:
– Inspecting electrical systems, wiring and equipment to ensure they are safe and functioning properly
– Fixing electrical faults or replacing parts
– Connecting sockets, switches, light fittings and appliances
– Laying cables to connect equipment to power and computer networks
– Installing security or data network systems
– Working with street lights and traffic management systems
– Fitting fibre-optic cables
– Maintaining electrical motors, transformers and machinery
– Making and installing electrical control panels
– Programming computer-controlled ‘intelligent’ buildings
– Following technical plans
– Adhering to strict safety regulations
– Learning about new electrical legislation
– Responding to emergency call-outs such as power cuts
– Working on a construction site, often in cramped conditions or at height.
About The Candidate
Minimum Competencies Required:
JIB Electrotechnical Certification
OR, ECS Gold or White/Brown
OR, CSCS Blue Skilled Card
Working hours: Mon – Fri 07:30 – 17:30; Monday – Friday, full time, (1 hour break each day)
Rates: £16.74 ph PAYE for the first 39 hours, then £25.13 ph PAYE for the rest of 11 hours
(+ 30 days paid holiday and pension scheme available)
Weekends overtime rate:
Saturdays – First 4 hours at time and a half thereafter double rate applies
Sundays – Double rate.
Daily Travel allowance paid per mile for candidate located for more then 9 miles from the place of work OR Lodge allowance £43.74 ph per shift for candidates located over 50 miles.
You must provide proof of right to work in UK and must pass a drugs and alcohol test.
VGC Group is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. VGC is acting as an employment business.
To apply, please submit your CV or call Katie on (phone number removed)