Engineering 2023-02-16 11:01:52
£40000 – £43355/annum Pen (6:12) + health + 25 + hybrid
HP20, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Open to Ass Project Managers from range of backgrounds, advanced manufacturing, infrastructure, technology, digital engineer, construction etc to work on High Speed 2.
Seeking 3 Assistant Project Manager working on High Speed 2 the new multi-billion-pound high-speed railway to directly link the city centres of: London, Birmingham, Leeds, and Manchester. Working on a major £4 billion civil engineering main works contract, EFKB (Eiffage, Kier, Ferrovial Construction and BAM Nuttall). EFKB’s integrated project team will deliver 80km section of the new high speed rail link between the Chiltern Tunnel and Long Itchington Wood. The scope of the works includes 15 viaducts, 6.9km of green tunnels, 22km of road diversions, 81 bridges and around 30 million cubic metres of excavation.
The 3 Assistant Project Managers (APM) will work directly to the main work civils Project Manager (PM) to manage the Supplier contract on behalf of the Project Client and Senior Project Managers, working effectively and collaboratively with HS2 and Supply Chain resource in the Integrated Project Team (IPT) to fulfil clearly defined HS2 accountabilities which enable efficient delivery of assigned scope of the Integrated Project Team (IPT) to agreed budget, time and quality parameters.
The role sits within the Civils Directors at HS2 and reports to a Project Manager the Assistant Project Manager will support the PM working within the Integrated project team which is a collaboration between HS2 and the Main contractor Team (Eiffage, Kier, Ferrovial Construction and BAM Nuttall known as EFKB. This is a Client-Side Assistant Project Manager role looking for 3 Proactive focused individuals who will Assure and Ensure that the Contractor team are delivering to the stated requirements – to agreed budget, time and quality.
The Ass Project Managers will be based at different geographical areas along the 80km line of route:
Aylesbury – Buckinghamshire
Calvert – Buckinghamshire
3 Assistant Project Managers – Don’t have to have Civils Background or be an engineer.
HS2 are keen to encourage amazing candidates from a range of different backgrounds and work experiences. Typically for such a role you would be looking for Degree qualified Civil Engineers with experience on major civil / infrastructure projects. However, HS2 would be interested in talking to first class candidates from:
Advanced Manufacturing – lean processes
Other engineering discipline – not just civils
Digital Engineering –
IT / Technology background
Still interested in qualified Civil Engineers from Main Contractors or Client Background to apply. However, the project already has lots of civil engineers, hence, open to candidates from other backgrounds.
All applicants must understanding of project management techniques including risk, contingency, cost, schedule and scope management.
Proactive Can-Do Attitude
Confident & Eloquent
Enthusiastic and infectious personality
Creative Problem Solver – able to work through issues with creative solutions.
Progression & Development
The opportunities for progression and development are a huge part of this role firstly working on one of the most challenging high-profile projects on the High Speed Programme. You will receive your own dedicate learning and development programme access to mentors who can support you through your chartership or APM’s. The project is rapidly expanding with new Project Manager roles opening all the time for you to develop into. This is likely to be a career defining role and be a springboard to a multiple promotional opportunities.
Progression opportunities are excellent next step to Project Manager Pays £61,140 + pkg
Working Relationship – Co-located
The client team are working alongside the main contractor (Co-located) in the same site offices at Old Oak Common, the role requires individuals with the correct behaviours – collaboration, engagement, stakeholder management skills who are able to drive the best from the relationship, pick up on problems as they arrive and resolve quickly rather than waiting and reviewing once the problem has manifested.
Salary & Location:
The site office location is North Chilterns, Aylesbury or Calvert hey operate a flexible hybrid working model, and will be required to be in the office 2/3 days a week. There could also be some travel to Milton Keynes which is main office for the EKFM Project.
Salary: £40,000- 43,355 + pen 6:12 + health + 25 days holiday
Progression opportunities are excellent next step to Project Manager Pays £61,140 + pkk
Duties & Responsibilities:
* To support the Project Manager in fulfilling the duties and obligations of the NEC3 Project Manager on behalf of the Project Client and the Senior Project Manager.
* To support the Project Manager in effectively and efficiently managing the construction contracts within an Integrated Project Team.
* To support the Project Manager in establishing, monitoring, and managing delivery of consistent contract management, including identification of emergent or systemic problems, leading to resolution.
* To support the Project Manager in managing and monitoring contract performance. • To support the Project Manager in reviewing and accepting programme schedule.
* To support the Project Manager in Manager in proactively managing risks within the Integrated Project Team scope and support the mitigation of HS2 programme level risks.
* To support the Project Manager in managing the Construction Design and Management Regulations (CDM) duties as delegated by the Client Representative.
* To Support and engage in a collaborative culture which enables high performance by encouraging innovation and knowledge sharing between HS2 as the client, other Integrated Project Teams and the supply chain within Integrated Project Teams.
* To support the Project Manager in creating an integrated partnership with our supply chain, empowering, enabling and facilitating.
* Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
The Assistant Project manager will have good Project management competencies, including- risk, contingency, cost, schedule and scope management. Open to a mix of backgrounds – infrastructure, advanced manufacturing (aerospace, defence, automobile), technology etc.
Candidates will have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills the ability to work collaboratively with a growth mindset and good IT skills.
* Understanding of the project management knowledge aligned to the level of APM Project Manager – APM useful but not essential
* Planning and Organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and deliver day to day tasks • Ability to coordinate and deliver multiple tasks and responsibilities in accordance with agreed deadlines
* Communication skills and the ability to develop relationships with stakeholders.
* Ability to convert technical information into a format that is understandable to a variety of non-technical audiences in a persuasive and engaging way.
* Ability to understand complex issues to carry out problem solving.
* Ability to work collaboratively across a multidisciplinary team and with stakeholders.
* Ability to develop creative ideas to promote continuous improvement.
* Ability to apply logical thinking to operational and commercial plans.
* Understanding of how to present data and information to differing audiences
* Knowledge of project management techniques including risk, contingency, cost, schedule and scope management.
* Knowledge of contract management
* Knowledge of risk management
* Knowledge /Appreciation of governance and assurance
* The post-holder is always expected to behave in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect.
* Project management experience supported by a suitable qualification- understand scope, schedule, cost & risk.
* Experience of collaborating with multidisciplinary teams