Automotive/Aerospace 2023-04-17 11:12:41
£36000/annum + £6,000 + excellent benefits
HP22, Buckland, Buckinghamshire
BUCKINGHAMSHIRE JLR, AYLESBURY
MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8AM – 5.30PM + 1 in 4 SATURDAY MORNING ON A ROTA (PAID AT OVERTIME X1.5)
SALARY: basic up to £36,000 + £6,000 bonus
Exciting brand new opportunity has come up here at Buckinghamshire Jaguar Land Rover as we’re on the lookout for an experienced Workshop Controller to join our dynamic team in our state of the art facility. It is the perfect opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Workshop Controller to advance their career in a premium brand environment. As a Workshop Controller, you will supervise and motivate our team of Technicians & Apprentices and pro-actively review, prioritise the daily workload.
As a Workshop Controller you will be a crucial part of our business and the Aftersales Department. You will be reporting into our Aftersales Manager who is a pleasure to work with and will be giving you ongoing support to ensure that you have the tools needed to perform to the very best of your ability! Furthermore you will also be able to do brand specific training which will enable you to progress within the premium Jaguar Land Rover brand and the motor trade industry.
The successful candidate for our Workshop Controller position will be responsible for the day to day running of the workshop, ensuring the service and repair technicians achieve their daily targets. Assisting the Service Manager in ensuring the department provides the best possible service to the customers and achieves agreed profits and retention levels. As part of your daily role you will be responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction by implementing relevant quality checks.
* Making sure all service work is carried out correctly, competently and on time, with customer satisfaction in mind.
* You will also maintain relationships with the vehicle manufacturer and provide support to Technicians during repairs and ensure that high standards are achieved and maintained within the workshop and surrounding areas.
* Ensuring that all working practices comply with company, DVSA, health and safety and OEM policy.
* Liaising with colleagues and other departments to ensure a top quality service for customers.
* Scheduling work to meet customer needs, taking into account workshop targets, the complexity of each job and the availability of parts.
* Assisting with technical challenges by going above and beyond to support the team and writing technical reports
The ideal candidate for this role will have motor industry experience managing a team within a busy Service/Workshop environment. You will have a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (or equivalent) as well as a solid understanding of COSHH legislation, trade practices, and consumer legislation. Having awareness of quality control and inspection requirements of a workshop is a must.
We are looking for someone who is friendly, confident and enthusiastic. Ability to roll your sleeves up and work as part of the team is essential, we are all one big family who supports each other and works towards the same goal. Due to the nature of this role a full valid UK driving license is a must.
Lookers are proud to be one of the top three motor vehicle retailers in the UK, representing 32 vehicle manufacturers, selling and servicing a huge range of cars at over 150 franchised dealerships across hundreds of locations throughout the UK and Ireland. We recognise the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people so we offer an industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries plus;
* Enhanced holidays that increase with service
* Eligibility to join one of our car schemes
* Critical illness cover after 2 years and Life Assurance
* Smart Health – free access to support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
* Mental Health support available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: Mental Health Aiders on site/online, EveryMind and much more
* Enhanced paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
* For some roles a company car and additional earning potential through commission or bonus
We strongly believe in nurturing and providing our people with specific manufacturer brand and management training to enhance career development opportunities. We have a great bunch of people, and we like to celebrate and encourage success at all levels with our annual Lookers Excellence Awards. So, what are you waiting for?
Lookers are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a working environment that is free from all types of discrimination, is inclusive, and empowers our people to bring their whole self to work and reach their full potential.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role and responsibilities, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving license check.
If your skills and experience match what we are looking for, please apply today and a member of the Talent Acquisition Team will be in touch