Engineering 2023-01-04 15:11:17
One of the UK's leading waste and resource management companies are currently seeking for a Shift Manager to join their Operations Team in an Energy from Waste plant near Aylesbury. As a Shift Manager working within an EfW facility, you will be responsible for the health and safety of all staff, contractors, and visitors to the site whilst ensuring the site is operated in an efficient and effective manner.
Your responsibilities as a Shift Manager will include:
* Providing leadership and direction to the entire operations team.
* Work to develop and improve the safe systems of work (SSOW).
* Reporting and investigating incidents, accidents, and near misses without undue delay.
* Leading operational improvement activities.
* Assistance in planning and coordinating day to day permit requirements and operational activities.
* Conducting risk assessments on activities, ensuring that the methods and systems of work are safe.
* Being the site control person, HV, LV, and Mechanical SAP.
The successful candidate will be:
* Minimum of HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
* 5 year’ supervisory experience in a steam powered plant operations position.
* Knowledge and experience of working within a steam raising environment.
* Senior Authorised Person (SAP) is essential.
* NEBOSH or IOSH qualified.
* Ability to work a shift pattern of days and nights.
What this is offering you:
* £61,300 per annum starting salary with a pay increase once fully qualified
* Training and development with internal and external training courses available
* Quarterly bonus scheme of upto 12%
* Matched pension scheme
* Smart benefit scheme where you can enroll for dental/medical care