Engineering 2023-03-17 16:29:01
£40000 – £50000/annum Bonus, Pension, Hols
Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire
As the senior supply chain planner you will be responsible for coordinating raw material flow into the company’s Netherlands facility.
* Management and negotiation of new and existing supplier contracts; establishing lead times, pricing and dealing with issues in delivery.
* You must have an adaptable and flexible approach to working in a customer driven environment where demands may change from day to day. Resilience is key.
More: Senior Supply Chain Planner:
* As a raw material planner you will ensure accurate planning of components, based on demand.
* Plan and execute procurement of raw materials from global suppliers.
* Support implementation of correct MRP procedures in ERP system (Sage X3) to translate Finished goods demand into component demand for raw material planning.
* Maintain excellent relationships and communications with manufacturing and key suppliers to confirm production/shipping schedules and monitor open purchase orders to ensure on-time deliveries.
* Use Analytics and planning procedures to determine the accurate level of safety stock needed for components and Finished Goods to avoid stockouts while balancing costs.
Skills Required: Senior Supply Chain Planner:
* Demonstrable experience in supply chain and demand planning within a manufacturing / assembly environment
* Ability to lead supplier negotiations, source suppliers, contract negotiations and deal with issues in delivery, materials, lead times, pricing etc.
* Excellent knowledge of planning in ERP systems. SAGE X3 preferred but others considered
* Excellent Analytical skills to manage large data and present in graphs and spreadsheets to senior management or clients (Excel, Power Point, Power BI).
* Resilient and flexible approach to working on demanding customer projects
* Proven experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing and assembly environment – FMCG, Automotive, Aerospace, medical etc
* Drive and nurture a positive atmosphere and ‘can-do’ culture across the team and wider business
The company are offering a hybrid (1-2 days in the office) or fully remote working structure; with occasional visits to the Netherlands office.
The UK site is commutable from Aylesbury, Oxford, Milton Keynes, Bicester, Banbury, Luton etc