Administration 2023-03-13 12:27:17
We are currently seeking an experienced Receptionist to join a well-known Secondary School near Aylesbury. As the first point of contact for students, parents/carers, and visitors, the Receptionist will offer a warm, friendly, and professional welcome in keeping with the school's ethos.
This is part-time role and so is ideal to anyone in the local area – Monday – Friday, 12pm – 17pm (25 hrs per week).
* Meet, greet, sign in and sign out visitors in an efficient and friendly manner, making all feel welcome whilst fulfilling the requirements of the school’s security and safeguarding procedures.
* Receive and collate information relating to pupils' attendance and punctuality (absence calls from parents/carers, messages on the school's answering service, parent/carer emails) to facilitate the completion of the daily fire register.
* Accurately record this information on the school's MIS to enable accurate attendance records to be compiled.
* Deal with pupils/staff who sign in/out at non-standard times.
* Handle incoming and outgoing mail and distributing to staff.
* Update staff room post pigeon holes with new staff and leavers.
* Assist with various administrative tasks (e.g. filing, scanning, copying, laminating) as directed by the Office Manager.
* 4 GCSEs or equivalent, to include Maths and English.
* Minimum of 3 year's Receptionist and/or relevant experience, ideally within a School environment.
* Approachable, friendly, helpful and able to find solutions.
* Ability to communicate with a range of people in a professional capacity including children.
* Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
* An in-date DBS is beneficial but not essential. Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be highly organized, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Therefore an in-date DBS is beneficial but not essential, as successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check.
Apply now to find out more about the role and be part of their exciting growth journey