Automotive/Aerospace 2023-06-21 10:29:30
£45000 – £55000/annum bonus scheme + 25 days hol + stats
Do you want to be involved with working with one of the world's most prestigious car manufacturers? To help them manufacture to IATF 16949 and ISO 26262 standards? Do you want to grow and lead your own team? This is a brand new role, as a Quality Engineer, heavily involved in production, based in Bedford, only 45 minutes from central London. We're highly experienced in Industrial, Telecommunication, Internet of Things, Data processing, Consumer Electronics, Automotive and Aerospace related devices.
BASIC SALARY: £45,000-£55,000
· Bonus scheme worth 5% of your salary
· 25 days holiday + bank holidays – rising to 28 after 3 years, well above the national average
· Full access to company benefits scheme including our company pension worth up to 8%
LOCATION: Bedford, Bedfordshire
Bedford, Northampton, Kettering, Wellingborough, Milton Keynes, Buckingham, Leighton Buzzard, Luton, Aylesbury, Cambridge Stevenage, Letchworth, Peterborough, Huntingdon.
Why you should join us:
· The chance to work with one of the world's most prestigious car manufacturers
· The chance to grow and then lead your own team of IATF Quality Engineers – do it how you see fit
· Internal and external training and development
JOB DESCRIPTION: Quality Engineer, Quality Manager, EMS, Electronics, Automotive IATF 16949, ISO 26262
We are looking to recruit an automotive Project Manager Manufacturing Engineer (quality engineer) who has the knowledge and experience to work to IATF 16949 and ISO 26262 standards. You will have already have customer facing experience as you will work closely with prestigious car manufacturers answering their questions regarding manufacturing and quality issues.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager and Quality Manager, you will keep the projects on time for customers' expectations and requirements.
You will run face to face customer meetings either at our manufacturing site in Bedford or at the customers headquarters near London. There may be occasional trips to Poland too.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Engineer Quality Manager EMS Automotive IATF 16949 and ISO 26262
· Working to IATF 16949 and ISO26262 Standards
· To represent engineering & quality in the Customer Focus team and report on current projects
· To support Production in daily quick response quality control
· Prepare periodic reports and special reports as required
· To ensure the project coordination of the engineering and quality team during Customer Quotation, New Product Introduction, change order and mass production in order to meet customer requirements and delivery time.
· To support other Customer Facing colleagues for all engineering and quality issues.
· Travel to client site visits or to facilitate them at our site in Bedford. Also potential business trips to Poland too.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Engineer Quality Manager EMS Automotive
· A minimum of 2 year experience in quality engineering in the automotive industry experience within electronics (EMS)
· You will be comfortable being customer facing
· The ability to assist both the production engineering and the quality engineering team
· Ability to write technical reports and support internal and external audits (ISO:26262)
You could be apprentice trained or have a HNC/ HND/B.ENG/M.ENG in an electronic engineering subject or discipline. You will have a full working understanding of IATF16949 and ISO 26262 legislation (including PPAP, APQP, PFMEA).
You will be a master of manufacturing / assembly processes, test systems, lean and quality fundamentals, have project management experience and be able to solve complex manufacturing problems quickly and effectively.
Your I.T literacy will likely cover Microsoft Office, PLM, BoM Management, ERP & MES.
THE COMPANY: Quality Engineer, Quality Manager, EMS, Electronics, Automotive IATF 16949, ISO 26262
Located in Bedford, only 45 minutes from central London, our Bedford facility is highly experienced in Industrial, Telecommunication, Internet of Things, Data processing, Consumer Electronics, Automotive and Aerospace related devices.
Working as part of a team of 21 people (covering quality engineers and production engineers). You will have dual accountability into the Engineering Manager and the Quality Manager supporting an experienced team of quality assurance engineers and production engineers.
Serving many European OEM's, our Bedford facility has developed specific state-of-the-art expertise related to the high demands of these industry sectors.
External training if it will benefit you in your role and the company. You already know that we will support you to grow and lead your own team. This will be driven by you once you have helped us set up this function.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: TS16949, IATF, 26262, PPAP, APQP, EMS, electronics, automotive, motorsport, quality engineer, production engineer, PFMEA.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: ES17321 Wallace Hind Selection Ltd