Engineering 2023-02-06 17:01:33
£35000 – £43000/annum
£35,000 to £43,000 per annum
Our bespoke market leading client in Aylesbury are seeking an experienced production engineer to join their growing team, following an exciting period of growth.
The successful production engineer will be working within a technical manufacturing environment and will have the following responsibilities:
* Support the Production Engineering Manager in delivering smooth & effective support to the manufacturing business.
* Organise, plan, commission and maintain production equipment.
* Promote a “Visual Management” method of communication with the Team and others.
* Communicate by “exception” risk and/or concerns in time to allow recovery action planning.
* Ensure all company procedures are adhered to.
* Deal with constraints/ secure support/assistance of the Production Engineer Manager.
* Promote a high level of housekeeping throughout manufacturing environment to 5S standard.
* Control & supervise overtime once agreed in advance with the Production Engineering Manager
* Ensure process tools and techniques are developed to “best practice” working with production.
* Design and implement the assembly and test processes for assembly (including tools, equipment, fixtures etc.)
* Identify ways to reduce costs.
* Identify project costs and agree control limits with Production Engineering Manager
* Work closely and be proactive with Design Engineers to optimise designs for machining (DFM)
* Analyse and provide solutions to problems relating to the assembly process (e.g., identifying weaknesses in these processes and initiating the appropriate actions)
* Collect data and investigate non-conformances to initiate corrective actions to achieve the company quality targets.
* Define maintenance & TPM plans to ensure plant/equipment is maintained/serviced in line with requirements.
* Support Production on their daily targets and advise Production Team Leaders to ensure smooth machining processes.
* Give support to manufacturing engineering activities for identifying long-term manufacturing strategies.
* Generate process documentation and maintain it, including but not limited to PFMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts & Process docs, Layout, etc.
The production engineer that is appointed would have the following experience:
* Degree qualified with a minimum of 5 years post-graduate Manufacturing/Production engineering experience gained within a low to medium volume high-quality press and fabrication environment.
* A background in press operations, tube manipulation and tube forming processes and equipment used in these processes.
* Ability to conceptualise and specify assembly tooling and equipment.
* Able to work with IT systems and possess a good level of PC literacy.
* Experience in working in a Quality Environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00-£43,000.00 per year