Construction 2023-01-27 13:00:22
£60000 – £68000/annum
HP17, Longwick, Buckinghamshire
MANAGING QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Melton Mowbray (MMDR)
As Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will drive success leading across a live projects and be responsible for maximising quality, service and profitability”
OUR HIGHWAYS BUSINESS
There has never been a better time to join our family, in particular our Highways business where we have seen impressive growth over the last few years achieving tremendous success under the CDF Framework and Midlands Highway Alliance (MHA) amongst other local authority frameworks. Right now, we are poised for continued growth successfully retendering for the MHA strengthened with additional success on the Regional Delivery Partnership in collaboration with Highways England in the South West and the Eastern regions. We’ve secured a strong pipeline of work over the next few years and in a really strong position to capitalise further so now is the time to update that CV and come and join us, exciting times are ahead!
The project forms part of Buckinghamshire Council’s Aylesbury Orbital Link Roads scheme. SEALR phase 1 will deliver a 1.3km dual carriageway between the A413 Wendover Road and the B4443 Lower Road to the south of Aylesbury, with new roundabouts to be formed at either end. At the eastern end of the scheme the link road will be continued by a housing developer as the Southern Link Road. At the western end of the scheme an extension of 450m of dual carriageway and an additional roundabout will form phase 2 of the SEALR works to connect to the South West Aylesbury Link Road being constructed by HS2 Ltd. It is currently intended that phase 2 will be instructed to Galliford Try during the construction of phase 1 and carried out simultaneously with it.
As Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will work closely with your commercial line manager and operational colleagues to take ownership of the commercial administration, reporting and performance on pre-construction activities. The role may also involve taking commercial responsibility for a single large project or several smaller schemes.
* Manage the commercial elements of the bid approval process in line with the BMS and in collaboration with the Bid Manager.
* Prepare commercial win themes pre-tender
* Act as commercial lead and support to the pre-construction team.
* Initial bid review for tender opportunities
* Undertake a commercial review for each tender
* Develop a commercial strategy for each tender to maximise chances of winning at the same time as maintaining profitability
* Review the scoring criteria and producing pricing models to simply explain to others and identify strategies for pricing
* Check, contribute and review BoQ, SoRs and Activity Schedules
ssigned Live Projects
* Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
* Act as Project Commercial Lead in the administration of the contract.
* Develop and maintain relationships with clients, subcontractors and key stakeholders.
* Produce Subcontract documentation including negotiation of terms and conditions, prices, and programme.
* Management of subcontract works packages including, interim assessments of the amount due and subsequent change management.
* Produce and issue all commercial notices, to both the Client and Subcontractors, as required by the form of contract.
* Manage change in a timely manner in accordance with the form of contract, including the production and submission of Compensation Event Quotations.
* Produce, submit, and agree monthly applications, to the Client, in accordance with the form of contract.
* Liaise with operational and engineering staff to ensure site records are kept to the standard required.
* Review detailed monthly reports and Cost Value Reconciliation’s (CVR) as required by the business unit or project