Public Sector 2023-01-05 18:36:54
£23316 – £25907/annum
Employment Coach/IAG Advisor
Salary £23,316 – £25,907
We are a fast growing Matrix Standard accredited, ERSA Employability Awards 2020 Highly Commended vocational training, skills and employability provider. We also deliver Information, Advice and Guidance- IAG (Careers Advice) services in 18 prisons. We are looking for one individual for our IAG service at HMP Aylesbury.
What will you be doing?
As an IAG Advisor you will be helping residents/prisoners/learners progress into an exciting careers in custody by providing information, advice and guidance, employability support, job search, confidence building and interview skills support.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, go getting and very practical individuals who are committed to delivering high quality information, advice and guidance and progressing prisoners into good quality careers in custody and employment upon release that will help them succeed in their lives. We want people who genuinely care about the people they are supporting and not just going through the motions. We are looking for people who are experienced in working in prisons.
What we offer?
We value the dedication and commitment of our employees by rewarding them with market-leading pay and benefits. We provide comprehensive training e.g. the Level 4 Employability Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard and opportunities to progress in the Employment Services Division.
* Experience in providing IAG and careers advice through one to one, group work or coaching as part of induction, reviews and pre release.
* Experience of working to targets and quality standards in the careers/ employability sector
* Motivating, inspiring and enthusing clients/customers to progress into great jobs
* The ability to multitask and manage a diverse case load of learners/prisoners/residents in a prison setting
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire others
* A tenacious approach and an understanding of how employers recruit and select based on talent
* Good administration, IT and organisational skills