Construction 2023-06-20 16:12:54
£45000 – £50000/annum
My client is currently working on an exciting new project in Buckinghamshire, supporting a main works joint venture, to construct a significant innovative structure. The works incorporate a pre-cast arch superstructure on an in-situ concrete substructure over a 1km site. Based on site near Bicester / Aylesbury, we currently require a Health & Safety Advisor to join the team.
As a Health & Safety Advisor, you will be responsible for the following:
* Advise and guide agents and other relevant personnel in setting up, implementing and maintaining safety systems.
* Ensure that project execution plans meet company standards.
* Carry out periodic site safety inspections and report back findings to site management.
* Ensure that safety issues are discussed at project review meetings.
* Keep and maintain clear records to comply with company internal audit standards.
* Assist site managers with risk assessments and vendor evaluations when requested.
* Communicate and promote the health and safety management ethos and concepts.
* Deliver training as agreed with the senior safety officer/team leader.
* Ensure that project has been provided with the relevant statutory health and safety documentation.
* Identify ideas for improvement and issues encouraged, and submissions submitted to the Head of health and safety for consideration.
* Provide support to site management on incident investigation.
* Liaise directly with site managers.
* Set a personal example of safe behaviour.
Requirements for the Health & Safety Advisor
* CSCS card required
* Previous Health & Safety Advisor experience
* Successful experience as a site safety officer.
* Thorough knowledge of OHSAS 45001 standards.
* Graduate membership of IOSH.
* Able to deliver internal health and safety management courses.
* Able to advise on health and safety issues on a day to day basis on site.#
* Able to conduct standard accident investigations on host site.
* Able to write site inspection reports and audit reports.
What's in it for you?
* Up to £45k + Package
* Hyrbid Working
* Car Allowance
* Discretionary Bonus Scheme up to 15%
* Travel to work fully expensed
* Pension Contributory
* Life insurance
* Private Healthcare for you and Family