Education 2023-02-16 19:07:56
£35.00 – £40.00/hour
Role: Head of English
Location: Amersham, Wycombe and Aylesbury
Pay rate: £35ph PAYE / £40ph UMBRELLA
Eden Brown Education are working with a leading Further Education College based in Buckinghamshire to recruit Head of English for 16+ aged students on temporary contract, 37 hours per week over all 3 campuses. Successful candidate needs to manage Functional Skills and GCSE provision.
Key purpose of the role:
* To lead on curriculum development, innovation and coordination of achievement and progression outcomes for all learners.
* To support outstanding student success by raising levels of student retention and achievement by identifying, exemplifying, and promoting within team best practice in the delivery of teaching and learning.
* To lead and develop an English curriculum offer that meets the needs of students, employers and stakeholders now and in the future.
* To embed an aspirational culture with students and staff across the curriculum department.
What we're looking for:
* Manage staff well and deal with issues including class cover, timetables supporting staff, 1:1s with staff etc.
* A degree or Level 6 qualification or professional qualification relevant to subjects taught
* Teaching qualification (CertEd, PGCE, DTLLS or DET)
* Valid Enhanced DBS on update service is required for this role
If you would like to find out more about this vacancy, please call Maria Konchal on (phone number removed)
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer