Engineering 2023-03-14 14:20:47
£45000 – £60000/annum Annual Bonus + Company Car + 24 Days
You're already a Senior Applications Engineer / Senior Mechanical Engineer or similar, from a process or packaging machinery background. You're ready to take your career to the next level. You aspire to become a General Manager / Managing Director of a multi-million-pound business and possess the strong technical and commercial ability to do so. With your background in process / packaging machinery, you could be exactly who we are looking for!
BASIC SALARY: Up to £60,000
· Annual bonus
· Company car (BMW 3 Series or equivalent)
· 24 days holiday + bank holidays
· Company pension
· Hybrid working, 3 days in the office per week after training / handover period
LOCATION: High Wycombe
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Our office is based in High Wycombe, so you could be based in Aylesbury, Oxford, Bicester, Hemel Hempstead, Watford, Slough, Marlow, Maidenhead, Reading, Beaconsfield, Uxbridge, Ealing, Buckingham, Brackley, Banbury, Luton, Leighton Buzzard, Dunstable, Beaconsfield, Uxbridge, Ruislip, Hayes
Why you should join us:
· Genuine development opportunity from a hands-on mechanical engineering role into our new General Manager within a year
JOB DESCRIPTION: General Manager, Mechanical Engineer, Applications Engineer – Powder Handling and Material Conveying Equipment, Process Machinery, PPMA
Our current Managing Director is retiring at the end of 2023, so you'll get full succession planning with him to understand the commercial side of our business, Strategy, P&L etc, and how we need you to increase our market share moving forwards.
As we look to achieve these goals, we need you to take the lead on sourcing us a new facility to enable us to grow the UK business, establish our own UK test house, explore setting up an after-sales/service division and a UK based spares support offering too.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: General Manager, Mechanical Engineer, Applications Engineer – Powder Handling and Material Conveying Equipment, Process Machinery, PPMA
We're a German owned manufacturer, but as our new UK General Manager, you'll be responsible for both the commercial and technical day-to-day running of the UK business.
This will include:
· Full responsibility of profit & loss and strategy for the UK arm of the business
· A plan to increase our OEM sales
· Setting up new distributor links in Southern Ireland
· Understanding the products and the markets which we deal in and where we can expand
· Supporting and mentoring the existing engineering team where required to continue to deliver a solutions-based offering to our customers
PERSON SPECIFICATION: General Manager, Mechanical Engineer, Applications Engineer – Powder Handling and Material Conveying Equipment, Process Machinery, PPMA
You're already a highly experienced Mechanical Engineer who possesses both strong technical and commercial awareness, perhaps you're a Senior Applications Engineer or a Project Engineer.
Either way, you're ready to take the next step in your career and lead increase our market share. Due to our equipment, it'd be great if you had powder handling experience or similar, this isn't essential, but you will have come from a process or packaging machinery background which we are quite open about.
· As our General Manager, you'll need to be both technically and commercially minded
· We're a small team, there is only 4 of us based in the UK so far, so you'll possess great interpersonal skills to work closely with all of us
· We're open to your educational background, you'll be a strong mechanical engineer but you might have gone down the ONC / HNC / HND / B.Eng route – we don't mind.
We were founded in Germany and in 2023 we celebrate our 50th year of trading. We're a machinery manufacturer providing powder handling and material conveying equipment into the food, pharmaceutical and chemical markets. We supply both standard off the shelf machines and systems, but also offer a bespoke service offering tailored to our customers needs. Our existing clients range from small and medium sized business to large industrial corporations. Maybe you will change that?
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Senior Applications Engineer, Applications Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Design Engineer, Electromechanical Engineer, Process Engineer, Material Handling, Conveying Equipment, PPMA, Packaging Machinery, Process Machinery, Vacuum Machinery, Food Equipment, Pharmaceutical Equipment, Chemical Machinery, Dosing Systems, Project Engineer.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JC17216, Wallace Hind Selection