Education 2023-01-20 17:13:08
Role:- Careers Advisor
Salary:- Up to £26k DOE
Trigon Recruitment are recruiting exclusively for a National Charity who deliver Welfare to Work, Skills and Justice contracts nationally. They deliver IAG services in multiple prisons and provide impartial and independent careers advice to prisoners in custody. We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic and committed Advisor/Coach to oversee and deliver this exciting service.
* You will be working with prison learners to undertake inductions
* Preparing and reviewing Digital Personal Learning Plans
* Helping to allocate learners to right educational courses and prison jobs
* Facilitating employability workshops which will include CVs, Interview techniques, Cover and Speculative letters, telephone techniques etc.
* Supporting careers fairs, the work of the Employment Hub and helping prisoners prepare well for jobs/apprenticeships in the community, upon release.
* We will expect the IAG Advisor to work to high quality standards set out in the Ofsted Education Inspection Framework.
* We are looking for someone who will go above and beyond and deliver a high quality IAG Service.
The ideal candidate
* Will be qualified in IAG (company will fund this if not in place but must be willing to undertake this qualification)
* Be comfortable to work within a prison environment
* Must be able to pass an enhanced DBS check
* Strong employability skills
* Good understanding of local support services
* Excellent knowledge of the local labour market
* Ability to create action plans and set smart targets
* Good understanding of local training opportunities
* Excellent inter personal skills
* IT Literate
* Experienced in group facilitation
* Understanding on Ofsted EIF, Matrix and the Gatsby standards
* Able to work with young offenders and adults.
The business recognises the value the dedication and commitment of our employees by rewarding them with market-leading pay and benefits. We provide comprehensive training e.g. the Level 4 Employability Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard or Level 4 IAG qualifications and opportunities to progress in the Employment Services Directorate.
* Flexible working
* Season Ticket Loan Scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
* Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter
* Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
* Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and expanding national charity and make a real difference to peoples lives.
If you think this role could be right for you please apply by sending your CV or call Craig Doyle on (phone number removed) for an informal/confidential discussion