Engineering 2023-04-20 16:13:20
Arla Foods Engineering Apprenticeship
(Industry leading 4 year apprenticeship – Food & Drink Production Engineering)
We are recruiting for the following sites: Stourton, Aylesbury, Oakthorpe, Oswestry, Lockerbie, Settle, Westbury, Taw Valley.
What does this program involve
in your 4 years as an Apprentice Engineer, you will get hands- on experience at one of our manufacturing sites. You will be part of a team of Engineers, working with cutting edge technology to keep Arla at the forefront of the manufacturing industry.
We support you to become a qualified Engineer with a mix of practical and classroom based learning. At the end of the 4 years, you will graduate with an OAL L3 in Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance (Multiskilled), Level 3 Health and Safety Award, and your 18th Edition Regulations Certificate.
The best bit? You will earn as you learn! Your salary will increase year on year as you progress and develop.
So what do our engineers actually do?
Our Engineers are problem solvers. They are responsible for maintaining, fixing and installing machinery that allows us to create tasty, healthy, high quality products.
If a machine breaks down, we can’t get products to our customers. As an Arla Engineer, you will save the day and make sure that the nation get Cravendale milk in their tea each morning, Skyr yoghurt in their breakfast bowl, and Anchor butter on their toast.
What you’ll need to be a successful Engineering Apprentice
* An inquisitive nature. Our Engineers are expert problem solvers!
* Achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE Grade C’s/4 or above (or equivalent)
* Grades must be A*-C/9-5 for Maths and A*-C/9-4 for English, plus a Science subject which would be desired and two other subjects
* Please note, you will need to be 18+ to apply for this role. This is due to the hands-on nature of the role.
* A love of learning. You will learn on the job and in the classroom.
Things we’d love to tell you about Arla
Arla Foods are one of the largest dairies in the world behind brands including: Skyr, Anchor Butter, Castello, Cravendale, BOB and partnering with some big names in retail like Starbucks, McDonalds to name a few. Arla Foods is made up of around 20,000 colleagues globally, we operate in 152 countries, processing milk from production 60 sites. Within the UK we are the largest dairy business and one of the top FMCG business operating from 9 large manufacturing sites and two strategically placed National distribution Centres.
* We are a farmer- owned cooperative. That means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
* We experimented with poo powered trucks (google it- you won’t regret it), and built the world’s first ever 100% carbon neutral dairy. All as part of our ongoing commitment to combatting climate change.
* We are the producer of Lurpak, one of the world’s most iconic butter brands, Lurpak
* We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe.
Want to apply?
We are so excited to welcome you to the Arla family.
Please apply via this advert or our careers page. The closing date is Friday 5th May 2023
If you have a questions about the role, then please contact Alex Tyrrell at Arla Foods
Here’s the recruitment process that you will go through as an applicant
Our first shortlist will be based on your CV, and your motivation for applying for the role. You should get your personality across in your CV so that we understand who you are and what you are about. Please refer above to our entry requirements and we would ask any applicants to clearly detail their qualifications.
If shortlisted, you will be invited to take part in an online interview and assessment centre. These interviews will take place on the 22nd & 23rd May 2023.
If successful at this stage, you will then be invited to your preferred locations for a final interview and discussion with members of our engineering team.
If you are excited to take the first step into your new career, put these dates in your diary!
We have a purpose for Good
* At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?
BEWARE! RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails and fake recruitment campaigns on the internet from people purporting to work for Arla Foods. Learn more via this link.